Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cleaning Day

After back to back projects that consumed all of my time these last few weeks,  it occurred to me today that there was an embarrassingly large amount of dirty brushes stacked on a side bench in the shop.

I try religiously to clean my better brushes as soon as they are used, but all too often I allow some to fall into the dead zone.

Mixed in the arsenal of synthetic and natural  brushes are three prized squirrel hair mops. I have had their faithful companionship since 1985. Its amazing to me that these have lasted so long. They provide perfect texture for feathering a van dyke wash on a newly restored surface.

Given the quantity and the range of materials I was grateful that I only lost two hobby store filberts.

I truly must devote more time to maintenance.


.

No comments :

Post a Comment